Sunday, January 16, 2011

A Shopaholic. What?

Have you ever watch the movie Confessions of a Shopaholic? I never bothered about it before, but watching the movie on TV last few weeks had hit me right on the nose. I am always denying myself when I thought I love to shop, and that I am very very poor in financial management. No, I am not a shopaholic. I only buy what I need, always. Right?

No. The answer is no. Which puts me in the yes category. But to a lesser extent. Far from being a chronic shopaholic. But I JUST LOVE SHOPPING! I love shopping malls, I love stores, I love flea markets, and now, I am starting to love online shopping! *sigh* Lucky me, it's not like I shop everyday. Once a month perhaps, or maybe twice, or .. whenever I saw the four letters S.A.L.E. :D

It's worrying me, but what can I do?

When I shop, the world gets better, and the world is better, but then it's not, and I need to do it again.
-Rebecca Bloomwood in Confessions of A Shopaholic.

You know that thing when you see someone cute and he smiles and your heart kind of goes like warm butter sliding down hot toast? Well that's what it's like when I see a store. Only it's better.
-Rebecca Bloomwood in Confessions of A Shopaholic.

A man will never love you or treat you as well as a store. If a man doesn't fit, you can't exchange him seven days later for a gorgeous cashmere sweater. And a store always smells good. A store can awaken a lust for things you never even knew you needed. And when your fingers first grasp those shiny, new bags... oh yes... oh yes.
-Rebecca Bloomwood in Confessions of A Shopaholic.

and these are some quotes that I think are SO TRUE!

Security can mean different things to different people. For some, it's going to a party wearing the right shoes. This might leave you feeling secure for an evening, but have a crippling effect on you in later life.
-Rebecca Bloomwood in Confessions of A Shopaholic.

Your store card is like a 50 percent-off cashmere coat. The first time you meet, it promises to be your best friend. Until you look closely and realize it's not real cashmere. Then, as winter comes, you discover that your coat isn't actually a friend at all. You should have read the fine print. Should look more closely what you're getting into.
-Rebecca Bloomwood in Confessions of A Shopaholic.

The ending of the story was sweet...

It is amazing what you have time to do when you're not shopping. And instead of a relationship with my credit card, I have a relationship with someone who loves me back. And never declines me.
-Rebecca Bloomwood in Confessions of A Shopaholic.

well I also mean her boyfriend. He was kinda sweet while proposing her this way ..

She's not my girlfriend. She's not you.
-Luke Brandon in Confessions of A Shopaholic.

Aaaarhh caer! *drooling*

P/S: At this time of writing, I just spent an amount of RM200 for the whole weekend. OMG. What did I just bought? o nevermind. The world is better, for now :D

2 comments:

  1. LOL. mungkin kau patut bersyukur sebab dah ada calon, dan dia bukan shopaholic kan? :P HAHA

    ReplyDelete