Friday, November 12, 2010

Formula One, and Me :D

The race has finally reached the final one in Abu Dhabi. Well, it's been a competitive season for the big fours - Ferrari, Red Bull, McLaren and Mercedes GP, which Red Bull scored highest in the constructor's championship. As I'm a big fan of Ferrari, it's a bit frustrating coz the Ferraris were so good at the opening of the season in Bahrain. I was expecting constant wins at Sepang, but sadly, they misjudge the weather, my two favourite Red cars did not even pass Q3!

Watching these fast cars racing each other, I found excitement in myself. I love and fear speed at the same time. Love the feeling to accelerate forward, but fear the pain when anything goes wrong. Speed kills huh?! :D Everytime I watched the race on TV with my dad, he would always say to me that my enthusiasm towards these fast cars indicates my eagerness to drive fast someday, when I have one powerful car. Is it? I don't really know. Speed kills, Ayah! :D

So now I wonder, what makes people interested in Formula One?

The cars. The drivers. The technical thing. Or the strategy. Or they just enjoy the velocity, like I do :D

Talking about drivers. I only started to have interest in Formula One in 2008, when Kimi Raikonnen just won the driver's championship in 2007. It happens that I favoured Kimi during the early days, despite of whatever team he was in. And then in 2009, some miracles happened, I got the chance to experience the race in Sepang, for the first time in my whole life :D I went for the qualifying, trying to fit myself in the motorsports world, learning as much A-Z of Formula One races. Later that year, I was among the earliest to buy tickets for 2010 race in Sepang :D no more free tix, and I do realize right from the start, what an expensive hobby I have! :D

Kimi chose to be in Rally instead of Formula One this year. So I continued to be a big fan of Ferrari, maybe because they are legendary, or somehow I just believe that they'll recover this season, from the bad bad races in 2009. This season,it seems they manage to be competitive, but during the mid-season, there were few disappointing races. But suddenly towards the end, Alonso was up again battling for the championship. How delighted I am now. When my favourite team is just a step away from victory :D come on prancing horses, go get the bulls to your back! :D

Throughout this season, I found myself to be eyeing on this one rookie, it's Nico Hulkenberg of Williams. Even with a not-so-competitive car, this guy can manage to score points. He even beat the big names to have the pole for himself at Brazil! Come on, a rookie, driving Williams, on P1? Of course I don't expect him to win the race, but hello? I believe, one day, he'll be one of the contenders in the driver's championship! Good Luck Hulkenberg!

At this time of writing, the first practice session in Abu Dhabi has just ended. The bulls seems too fast for the prancing horses. But we'll see. The real battle, is 48 hours away! And I'm sure I'll be at home, infront of the TV, sitting next to my dad and sister, wearing the RED MUBADALA FERRARI cap :D Alonso on the go, yow! :D :D :D


6 comments:

  1. hulk? terkejut...
    ingtkn vettel or rosberg, duh ;p

    ReplyDelete
  2. Red bull and mercedes gp are already among the fastest cars. For Hulkenberg to be that competitive in a Williams car is more impressive :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. salam.

    i almost felt like reading some formula one magazine while reading ur post, u really put ur mind into this sport..haha~

    my sister also have a thing towards formula one, but i don't know if she still does..:) but not as fanatic as u i guess, i mean buying tickets and going to sepang to watch them in action, that is a big expensive hobby indid..huhu~

    i guess when it comes to hobby, we don't really care about the price, like myself, i like taking pictures, recently i bought a dslr camera and it cost me a bom..haha~ but still in mind want to upgrade to another one..(adui..duit lagi..hehe~)

    i use to watch Senna while he races, but after he died in that awful crash, that was it for me..:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hansuke,

    I used NOT TO enjoy formula one races back then. Everytime my dad watch it on TV I'd fall asleep :P But I do love adrenaline rush so much! :D

    Now Senna's son is driving in one of the new teams. And the race now is much more safer I guess. I think the most tragic one was last year's race involving Ferrari's Massa, but he recovered and came back to race this year.

    nway, thanx for the compliments. I guess I can be a magazine editor one day. Who knows :P :P

    btw, DSLR is costly. I enjoyed potraying faces expressions, but I cudn't afford one, just playing around with a good compact camera. Maybe someday when I have enough money to support my expensive hobbies, then I'll buy one.

    Good luck with ur new dslr. Nikon or Canon? :) I'm a Sony. HAHA. Take beautiful pictures and upload it on ur blog, if u don't mind sharing the beauty of life :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. i guess the race are safer now with all the advanced equipment and all.

    the only time i'll get adrenaline rush is while watching the Malaysian badminton team play. hehe~

    don't worry, one day when u'll become a biologist specialist or some sort u can even buy 10 DSLR hehe~

    i like taking candid shots, landscapes and potrait as well. actually i have my own flickr, thats where i upload all my best shots. u can access them through my blog if u want to see them, just click the flickr photostream..:)

    gladly i should say i'm a Nikon. hidup nikon..hehe~

    p/s: upload one of ur shots on ur blog if u have time, let me see..:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Owh Nikonian owkay. maybe someday I'd be one of the Nikonians too :)

    insyaAllah if I hv some nice shots to share, I'd upload it here. let's see what a compact can do :)

    ReplyDelete