I was busy unpacking all the stuffs I brought back from my 6-years-shelter, when I found a bag full of our memories. The so-called First love huh? Well it was, indeed.
A London keychain, a keychain with my name on it, a watch which he gave me on my 17th birthday, a birthday card, our 1-year anniversary card..... and ............
It was with him that I started to learn how to express myself, which I found I was best at expressing through words. I used to write poems, about me, about him, about everything. He encouraged me to be someone I never thought I could be, to do things I didn't think I was good at, and to achieve higher and fly as freely as I want.
I was glad, felt grateful that he found me, and I found him. We found each other, and then we lost each other. Life goes on. We moved on, to a very different path, that I think would never meet again, at any point of our lives. But I believed in one thing, God sent me him for a reason, even when he's gone, he would always be right here, with me :) It's not because I still love him. No. It's just simply because he has been an inspiration to me :) He showed me the world in different view, and he looked at me differently, like no one else did. He was.. an angel to me :)
After he left, which was long ago, I used to write to him. Well actually I used to write poems for him, or just letters, or even drawings. Anything, anything I would like to express, as if he'd be reading them. Despite the fact that I would never mail the letters etc., I still keep them till now, even sometimes I just spent my time reading all those stuffs I wrote for him.
I almost forgot about those stuffs I wrote, until the moment I read it just now. Reading those stuffs, made me smiled. I am impressed with my own self, for writing those expressions, those letters, not because of the vocab or the bombastic words I used, it's just simply, because.. those expressions I wrote to him. remind me. of how I could love somebody. beautifully. so deeply. ....
And I wonder why, I can only write love poems, a happy one, only when, I think about him. Maybe. because. the fact that he made me feel so special back then ... like a Lady :) like a Princess :) like a Queen :)
I took a risk by writing this post. You might think I'm still in love with this so-called First Love, but just don't get me wrong. Like I mentioned earlier, I don't think our paths will eventually meet someday, and I accept the fact that we have our own lives now, and we can be happy without each other :)
I wrote this, not for him. But for me, to express things, the way I love. The way I want. But if he ever reads this,
Thank You.. for letting me go, and see the world on my own *winks* Whether you like it or not, you'll always be my inspiration .. sorry! ^_^
beautiful post ;)
ReplyDeleteBeautiful writing. I enjoyed myself reading them. sometime we just dont realise how awesome our life was. Only when we have stepped ahead, and look back, we would understand the true color of it. =)
ReplyDeleteFirst love is always the sweetest, and first cut is also normally teh deepest ^^
sayang,ada jodoh tak ke mana :):)
ReplyDelete