Monday, September 26, 2011

English and Science and Mathematics

Introducing English language to kids is one thing. And introducing Sc and Math in English is another thing. They are not the same and will never be the same. Why?

Because among the comments I got from my thesis examiners was "Too wordy, re-write in more scientific way". I believe, early exposure to Sc and Math in English is indeed, a good initiative. 

A very good one. Unless... Sc and Math are taught in only one language, be it Malay or English, from the earliest education (kindergartens, primary school) until the higher levels in universities.

No matter how the education system works now, if we couldn't change all of it, we can change ourselves and people around us, at least.

May someday, there'll be a number of great Muslim scientists, from our nation, with Young and Fresh Ideas ;)

I believe, one day. You should believe it too ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment